Lesson 1: Lots of Flags
- I remember how to compute percentages.
- I can find dimensions on scaled copies of a rectangle.
Lesson 2: Ratios and Rates With Fractions
- I can solve problems about ratios of fractions and decimals.
Lesson 3: Revisiting Proportional Relationships
- When there is a constant rate, I can identify the two quantities that are in a proportional relationship.
- I can use a table with 2 rows and 2 columns to find an unknown value in a proportional relationship.
Lesson 4: Half as Much Again
- I can use the distributive property to rewrite an expression like $x+\frac12 x$ as $(1+\frac12)x$.
- I understand that “half as much again” and “multiply by $\frac32$” mean the same thing.
Lesson 5: Say It with Decimals
- I can write fractions as decimals.
- I can use the distributive property to rewrite an equation like $x+0.5 x=1.5 x$.
- I understand that “half as much again” and “multiply by 1.5” mean the same thing.
Lesson 6: Increasing and Decreasing
- I can draw a tape diagram that represents a percent increase or decrease.
- When I know a starting amount and the percent increase or decrease, I can find the new amount.
Lesson 7: One Hundred Percent
- When I know the new amount and the percentage of increase or decrease, I can find the original amount.
- I understand that if I know how much a quantity has grown, then the original amount represents 100%.
- I can use a double number line diagram to help me solve percent increase and decrease problems.
Lesson 8: Percent Increase and Decrease with Equations
- I can solve percent increase and decrease problems by writing an equation to represent the situation and solving it.
Lesson 9: More and Less than 1%
- I can find percentages of quantities like 12.5% and 0.4%.
- I understand that to find 0.1% of an amount I have to multiply by 0.001.
Lesson 10: Tax and Tip
- I understand and can solve problems about sales tax and tip.
Lesson 11: Percentage Contexts
- I understand and can solve problems about commission, interest, markups, and discounts.
Lesson 12: Finding the Percentage
- I can find the percentage increase or decrease when I know the original amount and the new amount.
Lesson 13: Measurement Error
- I understand that all measurements include some error.
- I can represent measurement error as a percentage of the correct measurement.
Lesson 14: Percent Error
- I can solve problems that involve percent error.
Lesson 15: Error Intervals
- I can find a range of possible values for a quantity if I know the maximum percent error and the correct value.
Lesson 16: Posing Percentage Problems
- I can write and solve problems about real-world situations that involve percent increase and decrease.