Student tickets for the school play cost \$2 less than adult tickets.
- If $a$ represents the price of one adult ticket, write an expression for the price of a student ticket.
- Write an expression that represents the amount of money they collected each night:
- The first night, the school sold 60 adult tickets and 94 student tickets.
- The second night, the school sold 83 adult tickets and 127 student tickets.
- Write an expression that represents the total amount of money collected from ticket sales on both nights.
Over these two nights, they collected a total of \$1,651 in ticket sales.
- Write an equation that represents this situation.
- What was the cost of each type of ticket?
- Is your solution reasonable? Explain how you know.