The Fabulous Fish Market orders tilapia, which costs \$3 per pound, and salmon, which costs \$5 per pound. The market budgets \$210 to spend on this order each day.
- What are five different combinations of salmon and tilapia that the market can order?
- Define variables and write an equation representing the relationship between the amount of each fish bought and how much the market spends.
- Sketch a graph of the relationship. Label your axes.
- On your graph, plot and label the combinations A—F.
|pounds of tilapia
|pounds of salmon
- Which of these combinations can the market order? Explain or show your reasoning.
- List two ways you can tell if a pair of numbers is a solution to an equation.