Here is a dot plot for a data set.
Determine if each of the following would be an appropriate label to represent the data in the dot plot? Be prepared to explain your reasoning.
- Number of children per class.
- Distance between home and school, in miles.
- Hours spent watching TV each day.
- Weight of elephants, in pounds.
- Points received on a homework assignment.
Think of another label that can be used with the dot plot.
- Write it below the scale of the dot plot. Be sure to include the unit of measurement.
- In your scenario, what does one dot represent?
- In your scenario, what would a data point of 0 mean? What would a data point of $3\frac 14$ mean?